JAXPORT CEO Takes Top Economic Development Award for 2018
JAXPORT CEO Eric Green (center) with (from left) JAXUSA Partnership President Aundra Wallace, Northeast Florida CEO for BBVA Compass Bank Nelson Bradshaw, Macquarie Head of Jacksonville Office Anthony Glenn and JAXUSA Partnership Chairman Ray Driver
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (December 13, 2018) - JAXUSA Partnership, the regional economic development organization serving the greater Jacksonville area, today honored JAXPORT CEO Eric Green with the International Industry Leader Award for 2018.
The prestigious annual award recognizes an individual for innovative work on behalf of the region’s growth, as well as for civic and charitable contributions to the community. In awarding the honor, JAXUSA member Nelson Bradshaw, who serves as Northeast Florida CEO for BBVA Compass Bank, offered a look at some of Green’s recent achievements including:
- Gaining authorization and funding for the first stages of the Jacksonville Harbor Deepening Project which began construction in February
- Leading the port to record growth in container and vehicle volumes, as well as record-setting year-over-year revenues
- Securing additional international ocean carrier services and options which have attracted numerous large-scale distribution and logistics centers
- Supporting innovative investments in LNG, a cleaner, greener maritime fuel, by major JAXPORT tenants Crowley and TOTE Maritime, both serving Puerto Rico
- Negotiating a historic, long-term agreement with Carnival Cruise Line to continue cruise service from JAXPORT’s North Jacksonville passenger terminal
- Remaining personally engaged with customers worldwide and directing his executives to focus on unsurpassed customer service in order to grow the jobs and economic activity that JAXPORT’s thriving seaport attracts to the region.
“I am humbled by this recognition and determined to let all of you know that this award is simply a reflection of our partnership and hard work,” said Green when accepting the award. “I am only a visible representative of this vibrant maritime, transportation and business community.”
In response to Green’s International Industry Leader Award, JAXPORT Board Chairman John Falconetti said, “Eric Green has proven to be the dynamic CEO JAXPORT needs during this period of incredible opportunity for our community. We are enjoying unprecedented momentum at the port under his leadership. I congratulate Eric on this much-deserved recognition and look forward to what I know will be his many significant achievements in the future.”