Skip to main content
Did you know?
- JAXPORT helps folks play their cards right! More than 28 million pounds of playing cards were imported through JAXPORT last year.
- JAXPORT is one of only 16 US Strategic Ports on-call to move military cargo for national defense (and the only one in Florida).
- Florida’s seaports and airports move nearly $162 billion of trade to and from global markets every year.
- JAXPORT offers direct trade with Asian ports through both the Panama and Suez Canals.
- JAXPORT and partners handle containerized cargo, automobiles, recreational boats and construction equipment, dry and liquid bulk, oversized and specialty cargoes (think locomotives!).
- JAXPORT exported the equivalent of 17 million 12-packs of beer last year.
- Logistics Management magazine recently named JAXPORT the easiest port to do business with in the southern U.S.
- JAXPORT works with the best in the industry! We serve 17 of the top 20 global ocean carriers.
- In 2012, JAXPORT exported enough citrus juices and concentrates to fill Friendship Fountain more than eight times.
- Florida has more than 512,000 jobs in transportation, trade, and logistics paying on average 30 percent more than statewide wages.
- JAXPORT handled 8.2 million tons of cargo last year. Together, all that cargo would weigh more than Egypt's Great Pyramid of Giza!
- Mickey Mouse uses JAXPORT! Walt Disney Parks and Resorts imports most of the merchandise headed to its central Florida parks through JAXPORT’s TraPac Container Terminal at Dames Point. This is the first time Disney has moved this cargo through a Florida port.
- JAXPORT is the No. 1 U.S. port handling trade with Puerto Rico.
- Last year, JAXPORT imported enough oysters to fill more than 18,000 50-pound bushels.
- JAXPORT’s Foreign Trade Zone No. 64 is the 3rd largest of Florida’s 20 FTZs, based on combined value of import and export trade passing through it.
- Jacksonville is the No. 1 container port complex in Florida moving more than one million containers last year.
- JAXPORT’s recently renovated heavy lift cargo berth at Blount Island now ranks as one of the nation’s highest weight-bearing-capacity docks.
- Nearly 1.5 million cruise passengers have sailed from Jacksonville in the past 10 years! That's roughly the population of Philadelphia!
- Last year, JAXPORT imported 9,126 metric tons of rice. That’s more than 586 billion grains of rice!
- JAXPORT is a top vehicle handling port in the nation.
- More than 95 percent of exporters in Florida are small to medium-sized businesses. Together, they produce two-thirds of the state’s total export value.
- The cruise industry in Jacksonville has created an estimated 460 new jobs and contributes more than $67 million in annual economic impact for Northeast Florida.
- In August 2013, JAXPORT received 11,000 tons of aluminum ingots at Talleyrand Marine Terminal, the largest shipment of its kind at the port in more than five years. The shipment weighed the equivalent of about 1,800 male African elephants!
- Top imports from China include consumer electronics, furniture, tires and frozen fish; while the top commodities Jacksonville’s port exports to China include metals, wood pulp, oranges, paper and aluminum.
- Florida companies now export more than $66 billion to more than 225 trading partners around the world.
- JAXPORT supports more than 132,000 jobs and contributes $27 billion to the regional economy every year.
- For every dollar invested in the Jacksonville harbor deepening project, more than $24 will be returned to the state of Florida.