|Terminal Operations Manager
|Blount Island Marine Terminal
|9620 Dave Rawls Blvd.
Jacksonville, FL 32226
|JAXPORT Corporate Headquarters
- Located just 12.5 nautical miles (23.2 km) from the sea buoy, the Blount Island Marine Terminal has 7,094 linear feet (2,163m) of deep water berths.
- JAXPORT’s largest marine facility and one of the largest vehicle import/export centers in the United States.
- JAXPORT and experienced terminal operator SSA Atlantic have agreed to develop a state-of-the-art, $238.7 million international container terminal at JAXPORT’s Blount Island Marine Terminal. The facility, SSA Jacksonville Container Terminal, is an expansion of SSA Marine’s current leasehold at Blount Island and will offer deepwater berthing space to accommodate the larger container ships calling JAXPORT from Asia more fully loaded.
- Leading auto processors – AMPORTS and Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics – combine for more than 250 acres of open storage and 300,000 square feet of auto processing facilities.
- The heavy lift cargo berth at Blount Island ranks as one of the nation’s highest weight-bearing capacity docks, offering 1,000 pounds per square foot of load capacity on the dock, and up to 1,800 pounds per square foot of load capacity and 78 kips per axle via on-dock rail.
- The terminal offers 240,000-square feet of transit shed space and a 90,000-square-foot Container Freight Station for cross-dock efficiency.
- Major highways are easily accessible from Blount Island, which is located less than one mile from I-295 and only minutes from I-95 and I-10.
- The efficient movement of cargo is facilitated by the terminal’s on-dock rail served directly by CSX Corporation.
Equipment and Technical Info
||12.5 nautical miles (23.2km) from the sea buoy
||Container, Autos, Ro/Ro, Breakbulk and General Cargo
||240,000 sq. ft. of transit shed
90,000 sq. ft. container freight station
||#20 — 754 linear ft.
#22 — 600 linear ft.
#30 — #35: 5,740 linear ft.
#20: 111.5 ft.
#22: 80 ft.
#31: 80 ft. in front of transit shed
#30, 32-35: 150 ft.
|Depth alongside MLW
(mean low water)
|#30 – #35: 40 ft.
#20, #22: 38 ft.
|Deck height above MSL
(mean sea level)
|#30 – 35: +9 ft.
#20, 22: +10 ft.
|Mechanical Handling Facilities
||Seven container cranes (three 65-ton, 100 gauge; three 50-ton, 50 gauge; one 40-ton)
||742 reefer plugs
|On-Dock Rail Connection
||CSX, on-dock rail
||I-95 and I-295 leading to Heckscher Drive (State Road 105)
|Mean High Water (MHW)
|Mean Low Water (MLW)
View and compare all JAXPORT Terminal Technical Info