United States Customs and Border Protection (US CBP) has notified JAXPORT that as of Sunday, Jan. 5, 2020, CBP operational hours on JAXPORT facilities will be 7 a.m. to 12 a.m. (midnight) daily.
To allocate resources when needed, JAXPORT has partnered with US CBP to activate their Reimbursable Services Program. This will allow tenants who need to operate outside of these hours an opportunity to pay for US CBP after hours services, when approved and available, to facilitate operations.
Effective Jan. 5, 2020, vessels arriving at JAXPORT terminals — DIRECTLY FROM FOREIGN PORTS — will not be cleared for operations by US CBP between the hours of 12 a.m. (midnight) to 7 a.m.
Effective Jan. 5, 2020, all containerized cargo (to include empty containers) and closed sided over-the-road cargo trailers will not be allowed to exit JAXPORT terminals between the hours of 11:45 p.m. to 7 a.m.
JAXPORT terminal operators and JAXPORT stakeholders, with an established JAXPORT credit invoicing account, may request US CBP after hours services through the Reimbursable Services Program.
- Costs for the service will vary, due to the type of service requested and US CBP manpower requirements.
- The approval and ability to fulfill tenant requests for the Reimbursable Services Program are at the sole discretion of US CBP.
Program Requirements: Before the Operation
To use the Reimbursable Services Program, JAXPORT Terminal Operators and JAXPORT stakeholders must:
- Have an established JAXPORT credit invoicing account.
- Request US CBP service at least 72 hours prior to the operational need for the service.
- Download and complete the Reimbursable Services Program Request Form.
- Send to Jaxport.RSP@jaxport.com
- Confirm request submission by calling the JAXPORT Security Operations Center at (904) 357-3360.
- JAXPORT staff will review the request to ensure it is complete, then will forward to US CBP for their evaluation and approval.
- US CBP, at their discretion, will decide whether to grant or deny the request.
- JAXPORT staff will email the requesting party with the US CBP decision and cost estimate; and will follow up by phone to finalize any details.
After the Operation
- US CBP will invoice JAXPORT for the cost of US CBP services.
- JAXPORT will forward an invoice to the stakeholder who made the request.
- Please fill out the form in its entirety. Missing information could delay your request.
- Ensure the authorized representative will be answering the phone number listed on the form.
- Be as detailed as possible as to the services being requested and any additional information.
- Submit this form at least 72 hours prior to services being needed.