2 MIN READ
Our dual priorities of maintaining the safety of our port and keeping cargo moving for the communities we serve are as important now as they have ever been.
As we all navigate the uncertainties of the coronavirus and COVID-19, JAXPORT’s cargo terminals remain fully operational.
Below are frequently asked questions about JAXPORT’S operations during this time.
Is JAXPORT making any operational changes?
JAXPORT has not made any changes to its operational schedule. The port’s main gates are open with no restrictions. Because port tenants establish their own operating hours at their gated facilities, shippers and BCOs are encouraged to contact tenants directly to confirm their specific operating hours. We are working closely with our terminal operators to understand their needs, accommodate them the best we can, and remain nimble during this fluid and unprecedented situation. Our operations are business as usual.
What precautions is JAXPORT taking?
JAXPORT continues to work closely with our federal, state and local partners to monitor the situation and help keep our community safe.
To ensure the safety of our port community, JAXPORT has:
- Been in contact with our terminal operators and other tenants, all of whom are following guidelines issued by health agencies and the City of Jacksonville.
- Performed no-touch temperature scans of all people entering the port’s Operations Building/Access Control Center.
- Advised our contracted security guards to perform no-touch ID checks at all facilities.
- Offered a work from home option to all employees whose job functions can be performed remotely.
- Closed the Administrative office to all visitors (with the exception of pick-ups and drop offs).
What if there is a shelter-in-place order? Will the port have to close?
Because JAXPORT’s operations are considered “essential” the port will remain operational. Maritime transportation workers are included in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s advisory list of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers who are exempt from shelter-in-place orders. Read more here.
How will you communicate further updates?
Updates are posted as they happen at JAXPORT.com/COVID-19 and on the port’s social media channels (LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter).
JAXPORT’s experienced sales team is available to help answer questions. Connect with us today.
You can also sign up to receive updates.
Thank you for your business and partnership.