2 MIN READ
Organizers today announced speakers for the panel “Emerging Complexities in the North American Auto Supply Chain” at JAXPORT’s 2015 Logistics & Intermodal Conference scheduled for March 24:
- Hayes Howard, CEO – Publisher; American Shipper (moderator)
- Jon Haselwood, AVP Automotive; CSX Transportation
- Charles Franklin, Manager, Export Logistics; American Honda Motor Co.
- Scott Goodwin, Sr. Manager, Transportation, Vehicle Logistics; Volkswagen Group of America
- Stephen Hubert, Head of Trade Management; Höegh Autoliners
- Steve Taylor, President & COO; AMPORTS
The auto supply chain panel is particularly timely because North American near-shoring and inland transportation challenges are combining to change dynamics for auto manufacturers, suppliers and service providers. Panelists will examine those changes and how the industry is responding to them.
This panel is one in a series of panel discussions and keynote presentations at the conference. Other panel topics include:
- East Coast Port Directors Roundtable
- Site Selection for Distribution Centers
- Shippers’ Perspective on the Caribbean
- Challenges of the Last Mile
While the focus of the conference will be on challenges and benefits facing shippers through southern ports, speakers from around the country will discuss issues common to all logistics and intermodal decision makers. Panelists include senior executives from major ocean carriers, railroads, shippers and service providers.
Registration is open for the conference, which will be held March 23-25 at the Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida. The conference is limited to 350 registrants and all previous JAXPORT Logistics & Intermodal Conferences have sold out.
Sponsors for the 2015 JAXPORT Conference include CSX, Norfolk Southern, APM Terminals, Container Maintenance Corporation, HDR Inc., Sea Star Line, Genesee & Wyoming, JAXUSA Partnership, Seaonus, Holland & Knight LLP, University of North Florida, RS&H Inc., Flexi-van Leasing Inc., St. Johns Bar Pilot Association, SunTrust, LANDSTAR, AMPORTS, MOL/TraPac, McAllister Towing, SSA-Cooper, TICO, Aqua Gulf Transport, Lewis, Longman & Walker, American Journal of Transportation, The Journal of Commerce and Pangea Logistics Network.