2 MIN READ
Organizers today announced speakers for the Site Selection for Distribution Centers panel at JAXPORT’s 2015 Logistics & Intermodal Conference scheduled for March 24:
- Bill Wolski, Partner, Synergy Solutions Group, LLC (moderator)
- Hagood Morrison, Senior Vice President; Colliers International Logistics & Transportation Group
- Robert E. Martínez, Vice President Business Development; Norfolk Southern
- Tim Crumley, Vice President of Supply Chain and Logistics; Sysco
Communities throughout the Southeastern United States aggressively compete for major retailers to open distribution centers. Panelists will address key supply chain factors considered by major retailers in site selection, as well as what communities are doing right – and wrong – when wooing DCs and related space.
Site Selection for Distribution Centers is part of a series of panel discussions and keynote presentations at the conference. Other panel topics include:
- South Atlantic Port Director Roundtable
- Shippers’ Perspective on the Caribbean
- Challenges of the Last Mile
- Emerging Complexities in the North American Auto Supply Chain
While the focus of the conference will be on challenges and benefits facing shippers through southern ports, speakers from around the country will discuss issues common to all logistics and intermodal decision makers. Panelists include senior executives from major ocean carriers, railroads, shippers and service providers.
Registration is now open for the conference, which will be held March 23-25 at the Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla. The conference is limited to 350 registrants and all previous JAXPORT Logistics & Intermodal Conferences have sold out.
Sponsors for the 2015 JAXPORT Conference include CSX, Norfolk Southern, APM Terminals, Container Maintenance Corporation, HDR Inc., Sea Star Line, Genesee Wyoming, JAXUSA Partnership, Seaonus, Holland & Knight LLP, University of North Florida, RS&H Inc., Flexi-van Leasing Inc., St. Johns Bar Pilot Association, LANDSTAR, AMPORTS, McAllister Towing, SSA-Cooper, TICO, American Journal of Transportation, the Journal of Commerce and Pangea Logistics Network.